10/13/2009

Jobless, homeless, and Hawaii

We are officially on our World Trip. We can stop holding our breath. We left Oregon a few weeks ago to drive south to Arizona making stops along the way to visit friends and family.

In Arizona, we finished up our packing and we were able to fit our next 9 months of clothing, cooking, and camping supplies into 1 backpack each. I am sure along the way we will be adding and swapping out items as they get warn or as our needs change. What a weird thing it will be to rely only on what we carry on our backs. I am sure it will be strange when we get back next year, open up our storage unit and find all of our old stuff. Will we be happy or will we be overwhelmed?

We are now in Hawaii, staying through October, living with Si (jodie's brother). This is where we will be do the rest of our trip planning. We also want to fly over to the Big Island for a few days since we have never been there. Today we will go to a beach, no doubt, maybe try a little surfing if the waves are cooperative. I imagine tomorrow's plans will be much of the same.

We miss our friends and families already! It was so great to spend time with everyone before we left.

Please continue to email or call us. Jodie's new email: jodiemchamberlain@yahoo.com
Eli's email: Eli@notnow.com



2 comments:

  1. oh friends! I was just wondering what your blog site would be. I'm so excited for you. Did I ever tell you about the couple I met a few years ago here you did a similar thing, though they took their vw van down through S. America and Africa and when they got back to their storage unit of stuff sold it all pretty much and have never really gone back to that life style - continued to travel, live simply...I think their website is vwvagagonds.com something like that. Anyway. I will eagerly await all updates - live vicariously through you as I enjoy my journey of settling down for a little while!
    Love and prayers. Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7xedmvJTzk

    ReplyDelete